The Benefits of Aquamation Over Traditional Burial
There are many who prefer aquamation services in Boiling Springs, NC, even though traditional burial is still very popular for many reasons. In fact, some might argue that aquamation is quickly becoming the standard for final disposition.
To better understand aquamation’s popularity and to help you decide if it’s the right choice for you, here are some of the benefits of aquamation over burial:
- Choosing the Service Time – With traditional burial, you’re pretty much limited to the standard service timeline of a few days to a week after the death. This can feel like a ticking clock that only adds to the stress of death. However, aquamation allows for much more flexibility when it comes to scheduling a service, providing you with the time and ability to plan a service that works with your needs.
- Keep Loved Ones Near – Aquamation also allows you to make aquamation jewelry so you can always keep your lost loved one close to you. Aquamation jewelry can be one of two things: one, a jewelry item made with some kind of container that holds a small portion of the cremains, or two, a jewelry item that was made with some of the remains infused with the metal.
- Portability – Since aquamation reduces remains into the smallest possible components, the process makes remains incredibly portable. This means that, unlike with burial, aquamation allows you to bring your lost loved one with you if you so choose, whether that means on a hike for you to scatter them in a favorite spot or even when you go on vacation, so they’ll be always near you.
- Choosing the Final Resting Place – A burial means that your lost loved one’s final resting place will be a cemetery. Aquamation, on the other hand, allows for a low more flexibility when choosing a final resting place. From an urn kept at home or in a columbarium to scattering at sea or in a special location, your loved one’s final resting place can be almost anything with aquamation.
- Saving Land – The world’s population is only growing, but the world itself is not. This makes land a very valuable resource that, in some people’s view, shouldn’t be used for burials. Aquamation is a wonderful solution to this issue as it does not take up any land at all.
- Cost – In many cases, a full-service funeral with an aquamation can cost about half as much as a full-service funeral with a traditional burial. Direct aquamations and aquamations with memorial services can bring that total cost down even further.
- No Embalming – Embalming is almost always required for burial, but many embalming techniques use a chemical called formaldehyde that’s very bad for the environment. Aquamation allows you to skip embalming entirely, which helps the planet in the long run.
Remember, there is nothing wrong with burial and it’s still a wonderful final disposition method if it’s what you want. These are just a few of the many benefits of aquamation over traditional burial. We are here to help if you want to learn more about Boiling Springs, NC aquamation services. Call or visit us today for more information.